PLEASE NOTE: Following the Government’s national restrictions in England, we will be unable to provide cover for any trips which fall between 5th November – 2nd December 2020. You can however still purchase cover for future trips from 3rd December 2020 onwards. Please note, we cannot provide cover for anyone to travel against the advice of the FCDO. More information on our cover and Coronavirus can be found below. If you are an existing customer please visit our Coronavirus FAQ’s.
At TopDog we want to provide you with great cover to protect you during your travels. All of our Top Dog insurance policies will provide cover should you, or anyone named on the policy fall ill with COVID-19 during your trip and need emergency medical assistance.
As of 25th August, our Diamond policies will now include enhanced cover for Coronavirus which includes cancellation cover if you have to cancel your trip due to you or anyone named on the policy testing positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days prior to travelling.
If you are an existing TopDog customer and are concerned about how COVID-19 may impact your policy, please read our Coronavirus FAQs.
What am I covered for with a TopDog Diamond travel insurance policy?
From the 25th August 2020, our Diamond policies now include:
- Coronavirus cancellation cover, if you or anyone named on the policy tests positive test for COVID-19 14 days prior to travel.
- Denied boarding cover if you or anyone named on the policy is prevented entry at the airport on your inbound flight due to showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Protection if your airline goes into administration due to the pandemic.
- Reimbursement of any pre-booked events or excursions, which you cannot recover from any other source if you need to cancel your trip.
- £0 Policy excess if you need to make a claim.
- Gadget Protection up to £3000 included if your gadgets are lost, stolen or damaged.
- Emergency Medical Cover of up to 10million per person.
- Available on both Single and Multi-trip policies.
- Cover if you or anyone named on the policy fall ill with COVID-19 and need emergency medical assistance.
- Cover for up to 100+ activities for free.
Is Coronavirus cover available on domestic trips?
If you are travelling on a domestic trip to enjoy a well-deserved staycation you will find comfort knowing TopDog offers specialist staycation cover on our “Staycation Plus” policies. Our staycation product includes enhanced cover for coronavirus that offers additional benefits that are tailored to domestic travel, including:
- Cancellation cover if you or anyone named on your policy test positive for Covid-19, 14 days before you are due to travel.
- Cover for denied boarding on domestic flights as a result of showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Cover to come home early from your trip as a result of getting coronavirus.
- 24/7 access to a UK based GP at any time during your trip.
Why Choose TopDog Insurance?
24/7 Emergency Helpline
100+Activities Covered FREE
£10m Medical Cover Per Person
£10,000 Cancellation Cover Per Person
What countries are open to UK travellers and safe to travel?
The Government has announced their travel corridor agreements with international countries, which means that UK travellers can now start to plan their 2020 summer holidays. From the 10th July, UK travellers will no longer need to quarantine upon arrival to England from several countries.
The FCDO has listed a number of international destinations which are ok to travel to, thanks to their reduced risk. However, the information is ever-changing so it is important to check before you book if your chosen destination has been marked as safe to travel by the FCDO. If your destination is unsafe to travel, this will invalidate your travel insurance policy.
If my tour operator or airline makes changes to my travel date relating to Coronavirus what does this mean for my travel insurance?
If your trip dates are moved by your airline or tour operator and you have a single trip policy, your policy will still be valid but you will need to amend your policy dates. Luckily you can easily make changes to policy trip dates via our online form.
If you are an existing customer and would like to know more about how COVID-19 may impact your policy please read our COVID-19 FAQ’s.
What to do if your airline or tour operator cancels your holiday due to reasons relating to Coronavirus.
If your airline or tour operator cancels your trip, it is their responsibility to compensate your losses and you will need to seek a refund from them.
All of our policies will only provide medical cover relating to Coronavirus whilst abroad. If you fall ill with COVID-19 whilst on your trip or need to be brought back home due to falling ill with Coronavirus our policies will cover you.
As of 25th August 2020, if you purchase a TopDog Diamond product you will be covered if your airline goes into administration due to the pandemic. You and anyone named on the policy will also be covered should you need to cancel your trip due to a positive COVID-19 test up to 14 days prior to travelling, or are denied boarding at the airport on your inbound flight due to showing symptoms of COVID-19.
If you are no longer travelling and haven’t made a claim on your policy you would be entitled to a refund on your policy. You can submit your refund online by using our cancel your policy application.