From camping on the beach in France, tent-only campsites in Germany’s Black Forest, to campervan friendly campsites in Switzerland or head to Sweden for their freedom to camp wild policy.
If camping is not for you, there is a new alternative called ‘glamping’ – otherwise known as glam camping. It is the perfect blend of outdoor adventure and comfort in one. Incredible glamping accommodation allows you to hear the sounds and see the beauty of nature from the comfort of a warm place and without having to carry everything with you. On the other hand, with backpacking being a major trend with young travellers; camping seems like the most cost-effective option.
Like with any holiday, a camping holiday especially requires you to be covered with a travel insurance policy. And here at TopDog, we can help with just that. We understand camping equipment is not cheap and if you were to lose or have it stolen or even damaged, it would be highly disappointing. So, to avoid disappointment, cover yourself with a TopDog policy and rest assure you won’t be out of pocket if something was to go slightly pear-shaped.
Why Choose Our Travel Insurance For Camping?
Whether you are camping in a European destination or on the other side of the world on an Australian road trip, you’re going to need travel insurance either way. And with a TopDog Policy your camping equipment will be covered. All we ask is that you are actively trying to keep all your belongings secure and that you are camping in a trusted, safe campsite.
All of our policies will also cover you for the following:
- Camping in the Kruger National Park and want to take part in a trekking safari? If your answer is ‘yes’ then not to worry as all Top Dog’s policies will automatically cover you for 100 sports and activities.
- We cover you for any unforeseen expenses, ranging from medical emergencies, lost luggage to delays and cancellations.
- £10 million emergency medical expenses including air ambulance and repatriation, providing you with full peace of mind regarding pear-shaped related to any accidents you may have.
- All our policies offer the option to include any pre-existing medical conditions you may have. Remember this is IMPORTANT if you are wanting to make a claim.
- You’ll be pleased to know our single trip policy has no upper age limit and Top Dog’s multi-trip policy covers for ages up to 85.
- A 14-day cooling-off period if you change your mind and decide the policy does not meet your specific requirements.
TopDog’s Best Policy to Choose for a Camping Trip
The answer to this question is that any policy can be used when you go camping, it just all depends on the duration and the specific needs. If your trip is less than 31 days in duration then our Annual Multi-Trip Policy will suit you (especially if you have a number of smaller trips planned throughout the year), or if your trip is no longer than 50 days then our Single Trip Policy will suit you even better. Or perhaps you’re going on a trip of a lifetime and backpacking around different countries on a budget; meaning TopDog’s Gap Year Policy would be your most suited option.
Cool Camping Destinations
Yosemite National Park, California
- Yosemite Valley attracts over two million summer visitors each year because of its thousand-foot granite towers, tall pine trees, and rushing rivers.
- The most sought-after camping spots are found at the three Pines campgrounds; placing you close to the park’s iconic spots such as the Half Dome and Yosemite Falls.
- Camping fees currently range from $5 to $20 per night for family sites and $40 for group camping sites. And camping site reservations can be made up to five months in advance.yosemitie
Lake District, United Kingdom
- You don’t need to leave the UK to find outstanding natural beauty. In fact, the Lake District offers just that with almost 15 million people pitching up to explore every year.
- Since 2017 it has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, in appreciation of its exclusive hill -farming culture.
- With 98 campsites spread across the Lake District, you will be spoilt for choice. All surrounded by majestic mountains, vast waters and rural villages.
Camping Arolla, Switzerland
- Camping Arolla is, in fact, the highest in Europe, sitting at 1950 meters above sea level.
- Every morning you will be stunned by waking up to pristine snow-capped mountains so dramatic and surreal you will feel like part of a desktop background.
- If you are not into seasonal camping and it is all new to you then the campsite offers a cocoon tent kitted out with a king-size bed, stove and warmth, all for a really reasonable price per night.
Why Choose TopDog Insurance?